Benefits of Yoga
Yoga benefits and affects each person in a different way. Some may feel calm and relaxed, while others feel energized. Rest assured, your entire body - organs, digestive system, and cardiovascular system - will benefit from yoga.
- builds both physical and mental strength.
- creates longer, leaner muscles.
- balances body weight.
- improves flexibility and lubrication of the joints,ligaments and tendons.
- improves posture and body awareness.
- cross-training for various sports; running, cycling, golf,weight-training, etc.
- aids in recovery from injury and chronic pain.
- reduces stress and anxiety.
- uplifts mood and balances the mind.
- increases energy and joy.
Benefits of HOT Yoga
- Your body burns fat more effectively, fat may be redistributed and burns as energy during the class. It's common to lose inches.
- The heat produces a fluid-like stretch allowing for greater range of movement in joints, muscles, ligaments and other supporting structures of the body.
- Capillaries dilate in the heat more effectively, oxygenating the tissues, muscles, glands and organs and helping in the removal of waste products.
- Your peripheral circulation improves due to enhanced perfusion of your extremities.
- Your cardiovascular system gets a good work out.
- Your muscles and connective tissues become more elastic and allow for greater flexibility with less chance of injury.
- Sweating promotes detoxification and elimination through the skin-which is the body's largest eliminating organ.
- Just as when your body raises its temperature to fight an infection, the raised temperature in the room will assist in improving T-cell function and the proper functioning of our immune system.
- Metabolism improves in our digestive system.
- In one HOT yoga class (75 minutes) one can expect to burn between 700-1000 calories. This will vary depending on body weight and level of exertion.